T minus 2 days. Time to check that everything is in place.
Last minute list:
1. Purchase of strawberries for the DNA extraction. This was a concern with the juxtaposition of the Bright Sparks Event and Valentine’s day – but there were plenty left in the shop.
2. Packaging of the items for lab coat decoration, DNA extraction, and translating DNA. The smart storage crates have not arrived! On to plan B, we have found some smaller recycled cardboard boxes to replace them.
3. Checking the researchers on the volunteer list. One had to drop out but another volunteered so we have enough researchers on board to run for the whole day.
4. Preparing for the run-through tomorrow. One person identified to lead each activity for the practice. We will run the events tomorrow with the other volunteers acting as the participants so that everyone knows what to expect the next day when 500 visitors arrive!
5. Despite the clipboards and planning lists in hand, we know it will not be smooth sailing on the day so have a “don’t panic – look in here” box of sellotape, string, blue tack, scissors and wet wipes for emergency repairs. @ASLAB Professor Alison Sinclair’s profile page Sinclair Lab website